about the spider
- Very rare car, only 700 ever manufactured.
- Few, if any, have only 23549 adult driven miles.
- Garaged in winter, driven only in fair weather.
- ABSOLUTELY NO RUST - EVER!
- VIN = ZFAAS00B4B8185830
- 5 speed manual transmission.
- Turbo charged 2.0 liter engine.
- Electric windows.
- 4 wheel disk brakes.
- Original interior.
- AM/FM radio.
All documentation included, original sales brochures, repair manuals, catalogs, repair and parts receipts.
Purchased from original owner July 2001.
Owen P. Mills
Location in the Houghton/Hancock area, Upper Peninsula of Michigan, USA.
1981 fiat spider 2000 turbo
• • •
Vehicle images © 2009 Owen P. Mills. All rights reserved.
Posted April 14, 2009 - Updated June 19, 2014
repair and maintenance history
Annual routine maintenance performed including oil changes (synthetic oil) and tune-ups.
The original owner had the car repainted in 1985 and had a new vinyl top installed in 1988.
- Ansa Exhaust
- Replaced timing belt
- Cooling system overhauled at the same time including radiator fan switch, water pump, radiator hoses and thermostat
- Replaced steering column switch
- Replaced fuel sending unit
Drivers-side quarter panel dented August, professionally repaired and entire drivers side repainted. Beautiful paint match.
- Replaced entire front suspension, including control arms w/bushing, tie rod ends, drag link, idler arm.
- Installed street performance (not racing) coil springs, Koni shocks and rear sway bar
- Replaced front wheel bearings and seals
- Replaced complete brake system including new calipers, hoses, rotors, master cylinder, handbrake cable, compensator. Installed silicone brake fluid.
Replaced turbo inlet hose
Changed engine coolant.
New convertible top
Approximately $2000 parts included in deal, including 4 Fiat alloy wheels.
This is a daily driver, not a show car. Blemishes include the 2 standard cracks around the defroster vents on dash, cracked plastic seat belt supports.